What's new

Need Speaker package for parents. What to get? (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
Ok. Well, I don't have much time but I need a little help. They want to spend around $500 for speakers. Going to get a 5.1 reciever as well, but that is another thread I guess.

So what do I want for them? Not bargain basement, but not top-O-the-line either. Well, the $500 fixes that anyway. I guess they really need front mains, a center and a sub if possible. Going in a fairly large room (14x20) so they have to fill the room.

They have a pair of Bose 301's for the moment and they can be used as rear speakers for a while. So what do you think? Point me to a few links for a complete 5.1 setup. The $500 is flexible, so it can go over a bit. Also, links to just good mains, centers, and subs would be appreciated.

What are your suggestions?

C. Ryan

BryanZ

Screenwriter
So what are we looking at? $1K for front three, a sub, and receiver? At that price I'd guess you will be looking at the Sony sub for $150 and the Onkyo TX-DS595 for $350. For the speakers:

Paradigm Titan fronts w/CC-170 center

nOrh wood 4.0 center/mains

Axiom M3ti mains and VP100 center

Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 mains and HTM-200 center

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks