What's new

Need speaker help plus 2 way or 3 way (1 Viewer)

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Looking to set up my first HT, I am looking at the Pioneer 1014 and JBL E50s for fronts, E25 for middle, E10s for back and the 10" JBL sub, how much difference does 2 and 3 way make? Help would be appreciated.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
I would say,it does not matter really if the speaker is 2 or 3 way. Depends more on the quality of the drivers, matched with the right cabinet design and appropriate crossover. I've heard 2 way speakers that blow away 3 way speakers. It's not a good idea to generalize about any one part of a speaker in my opinion.

Ramon A

Agent
I am not familiar with those speakers but I would have to agree with the last post as far as 2 or 3 way.
what i do know is this, it is best if your fronts and center are matched if you can use an e50 for your center channel or a center matched to the e50's that would be best.
as well you want your r&l speaker just ouside the width of you screen and if possible the center at the same hight as the right and left.
your rears should be at least 4 feet apart, in line or just behind the seating area and 3 feet above your seated head hight. if possible the rears should be pionted at each other on each side of the seating area.
if this is not possible just mount them faceing the sceen. if you need an actual diagram for speaker placement. you can go to dolby laboratory's website and they have an illustration for optomum placement and the alternative placements.
becuase no matter how good you equipment is if its not positioned properly it will sound like doo doo.
take it from some one who has made all the mistakes and has had todo a lot of home work to achieve great surround.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks