What's new

Need speaker grill cloth (1 Viewer)

John_B

Auditioning
Hi guy's,
I am trying to locate some suppliers of speaker grill cloth for an entertainment center my friend just had built. I want to cover the 3 speaker locations with tan or beige cloth. Did a search and came up with nothing. Need some help here from all you DIY speaker builders, can you tell me where or who carries this cloth in different colors?
Thanks
John

Tony F

Auditioning
I got my speaker grill cloth from "G Street Fabrics" in Centerville, Virginia (or is it Chantilly, Virginia?). Call (703)555-1212 for their number. They carry Black and Brown, not tan that I recall.
I puchased off-the bolt quantities there for covering large in-wall openings in my HT.

John_B

Auditioning
Thanks Tony,
But it has to be tan or a beige because of the color of the wood.
John

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
Thanks for the post. After searching around I remembered ordering from them when I was a installer. Nice stuff
------------------
Luke, I'm your father

Julian Data

Second Unit
Dang, I get no thanks.
frown.gif

------------------

John_B

Auditioning
Hey Julian,
I did check with both Parts Ex. and Madisound they both only carry black or brown cloth. I would not let the thread go without thanking you for your help here and on the many other threads you help others so that we all may learn something from your expertise. Thanks
Jeff,
Thank you for the site to get the cloth I need, wasn't sure if I was going to find what I needed. But I knew someone one this forum would be able to send me in the right direction. Thank you.
John

Tom Herman

Auditioning
Markertek has speaker cloth, in both "beige/tan" and "white/bone" colors, in a couple of different fabric materials. -- I've been looking for cloth, too, although I haven't yet ordered any. Price is about $20 per linear yard (by 33"-36" wide).
Many of you already know that Markertek is a large, established audio-video supply house, with generally very good pricing.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
If you really want something that looks great try:
http://www.grillecloth.com/
I used on 1940's RCA cloth on my enclosures and even the wife likes how it looks
------------------
Why?
Why do you keep hounding me and harassing me and hounding me?
It's not like I don't have anything better to do, you know.
It's not like the Phantom Cruiser is going to wax itself.
It's not like last night's burrito stain will just up and remove itself from my cape.
I am a superhero!
A very very busy superhero! Who does...things!
Now get out of here before I tell your mother.
AND DON'T TRAMPLE MY BEGONIAS!
-Space Ghost..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks