What's new

Need Speaker Advice (1 Viewer)

Nathan-C

Grip
I looking to purchase new Home theater speakers. My budget it about 1200.00. I want a 7.1 setup. My room is 11x15. I primarily will use them for Home Theater. I am getting a new receiver as well, but am having trouble deciding between the rx-1400 and the Denon 3803. Lastly, the wife requires that they blend in with the room and the 4 sats need to be hung on the wall. Thanks in Advance!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Check out the Rocket ELT package. Four satellites, a center channel and a 200 watt sub for $900. You can get another pair of satellites for an additional $250.

There is a lot of information over at the AV123 website on mounting those satellite speakers.

I have heard these in Dallas, powered by a Denon 1804 and it sounded terrific. 5.1, not 7.1--but I presume that it would be equally fine in a 7.1 configuration.

cabreau

Second Unit
Check out Paradigm Atom's with a CC-170 or CC-270 for your center. You can get a PDR-10 or PDR-12 and keep it all under $1200. Those Atoms are GOOD entry level speakers, check them out before you go buy something else. Personally, I love the sound of Paradigm speakers...you may find something else that you like more. If you had a few extra bucks, you chould check out the SVS subs instead of the PDR-10.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would consider JBL S38 mains, S36 surrounds, and an Adire Rava subwoofer. With the cut-throat prices their available for right now the S series offers AMAZING price/performance ratio. If the S36 are too big you could drop down to older N26 (series one only) for the surrounds without much timbre match trouble. The N26 would also free up some budget for more sub. I reccomended the S36 and N26 because they're made to be wall mounted, but other bookshelf speakers that aren't rear-ported are also wall mounable using mounting backets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks