What's new

Need source for DVD shelf (1 Viewer)

Chris Perret

Auditioning
Hello all,

I'm working on building a large bookshelf-type thing to store my DVDs, CDs and video games. I'm looking for a source for some of the L-shaped storage shelves, about 3 to 4 feet long. These are the shelves that kind of tilt the discs back a little.

Anybody have a clue where to look?

Thanks,
Chris Perret

Chris Perret

Auditioning
You want the 360 DVD shelf by Atlantic
Anthony,
Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. I want just the shelf part to build into my own rack. You can't really see them, but it's like the shelves in the Salamder Synergy Media Rack (you can kind of see them here).
Thanks,
Chris Perret

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
If you are making the cabinet, can't you also make the shelves yourself? It looks like you just need to have the horizontal piece of the shelf cut, then screw in a vertical piece along the back length of the shelf.

Attach it to your sides and voila!

I am planning on doing something similar myself once I get my hands on a table saw.

Thanks

Robin Smith

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
I'll second Mark's suggestion & add that you only need 2 pieces of wood or metal for each shelf. At least I only needed 2 peices of 1x2 for the one I built :)

Chris Perret

Auditioning
Hi guys!

Yes I know I can build my own shelf out of two pieces of wood, or using dowels/slats, but I was trying to find some pre-made ones to compare prices. I don't want to use the dowels, by the way, because our current CD rack uses those and every time a disc gets a little crooked, it falls and knocks over more discs down below. Horribly unstable, don't like it, not going to do it. If I can't find pre-made shelves, I'll build my own real shelves (not slats/dowels).

Thanks,
Chris Perret

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks