What's new

need some xbox recommendations (1 Viewer)

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
ok I need some new games..so far have "halo" I dont care for it at all never was one for shooters.have "morrowind" ok but slow loading and the time it takes to get from one place to another is way too long.."the thing" this maybe the best game I have so far
"enclave" good game but no in game save is a real bitch..not much into sports games although "tiger woods golf" seems ok..rented "turok" what a pile of crap..
thinking about RtCW but I always get bored with shooters but the nazi zombie aspect hmmm..have "project gotham" fun for a few minutes but not real deep as far as I can tell..
based on above anybody care to give their recommendations??

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
.."the thing" this maybe the best game I have so far
You need better games then obviously... :D

KOTOR
Deathrow
NBA Street 2

And if you have Live:

Midtown Madness 3

I'm sure there's more too, but I don't have access to my games collection here at work, so I'm going off the top of my head.

millercv

Second Unit
I really am enjoyed RTCW myself but if you didn't like Halo you may want to rent it first. What type of game are you looking for.

Midtown Madness 3 is fun and a bit deeper than Project Gotham. You have the racing aspect but there are also "crazy taxi" type missions and the online aspects of it is very fun.

I've been playing Knights of the Old Republic and it is a very good game so far and I don't think there are too many sections that require going back and forth endlessly.

The only other game which has been seeing a LOT of play lately has been Tetris Worlds Online.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Midtown Madness 3 is fun and a bit deeper than Project Gotham.
Boy do I disagree with that, but thats for another thread:D.

As for recommendations:

Panzer Dragoon Orta-Best game available on the Xbox IMHO. Its a hard, hectic old-school style shooter (nothing like Halo however). Worth every penny of the 29.99 Its currently selling for.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic-As Chris above recommended. Star Wars Role Playing Game. Deep, fun, addictive as hell.

Fatal Frame- Survival horror. Spooky as all hell. Decen voice acting. Very unique camera system that calls for the main character to take pictures of ghosts to fight them off. Its all atmosphere and must be played at night.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer- Whether your a Buffy fan or not, this is a seriously solid action game. Deep fighting engine. Great challenge. Can be had for 15-19 bucks these days. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Deathrow- Suprisingly fun deathmatch sports oriented title. Brutal, excellent controls and a BOATLOAD of unlockables will keep you playing for hours. Another one that is super cheap to get.

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
I have read good and bad about "deathrow" have not been able to rent it though along those lines I did try "mortal kombat" the new one and found it boring as hell which was strange considering I thought the first two were great although that was MANY years ago...Im more into games that require thought rather than button mashing..examples from pcland "sacrifice" dk1 and dk2 "deus ex" and I thought "black and white" was awesome for about 15 minutes but I basically have given over to the darkside and no longer game on the pc

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
have "project gotham" fun for a few minutes but not real deep as far as I can tell..
Oh boy. You'll want to play more;)

As for recommendations:

Panzer Dragoon Orta-Best game available on the Xbox IMHO. Its a hard, hectic old-school style shooter (nothing like Halo however). Worth every penny of the 29.99 Its currently selling for.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic-As Chris above recommended. Star Wars Role Playing Game. Deep, fun, addictive as hell.

Fatal Frame- Survival horror. Sppoky as all hell. Decen voice acting. Very unique camera system that calls for the main character to take pictures of ghosts to fight them off. Its all atmosphere and must be played at night.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer- Whether your a Buffy fan or not, this is a seriously solid action game. Deep fighting engine. Great challenge. Can be had for 15-19 bucks these days. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Deathrow- Suprisingly fun deathmatch sports oriented title. Brutal, excellent controls and a BOATLOAD of unlockables will keep you playing for hours. Another one that is super cheap to get.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
like others said KOTOR,Panzer Dragoon,Splinter Cell

Question guys i wanna get Nba Street Vol 2 is it better on xbox or PS2?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Question guys i wanna get Nba Street Vol 2 is it better on xbox or PS2?
Depends on what you mean by "better." I think the consensus is that the controls are best on PS2. Especially if you've played the Original NBA Street.

I have it on XBox, and the controls work perfectly well, though there was a bit of a transition period while I got used to them.

The XBOX Version has "better" graphics and sound. I think it's 16:9 pro-scan, and has DD sound.

Anyway, as far as XBOX game recommendations, let me throw another one out there:
Burnout 2. Wicked fun.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
In August you have to get Soul Calibur II. (I have the import)

Never really liked fighting games but I'm hooked!

KOTOR is addictive as well.
If you like racing how about rally racing?
Rallisport Challenge and CM3 are awesome.
MotoGP2?
Halo is the granddaddy of shooters on the box so forget any others.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i'll second the Fatal Frame recommendation.

and if you like that, then try Silent Hill 2 - personally, i can't get enough survival/horror gaming...

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is pretty fun, too; by the same people who made Knights of the Old Republic, which i'm also looking forward to playing...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is pretty fun, too; by the same people who made Knights of the Old Republic, which i'm also looking forward to playing...
Nope. Dark Alliance was by Snowblind Studios. Knights of the Old Republic was made by Bioware Inc. Bioware developed Baldurs Gate I and II on the PC but Dark Alliance was by Snowblind, a division of Interplay I believe (who are currently working on Dark Alliance II and Champions of Norrath).

millercv

Second Unit
Forgot to mention - I must say I am not a typical sports game fan myself (NBA Street is about as sport as I get) but the Tony Hawk games are very fun, cheap and have very high replay value.

quote:
Midtown Madness 3 is fun and a bit deeper than Project Gotham.

Boy do I disagree with that, but thats for another thread.
Well maybe "deeper" was a bad choice of words. MM3 is more of a Crazy Taxi meets high speed auto PacMan so I would say it has more game modes. I'll admit that I haven't played that much PG yet (it is in my must get around to play more one of these days pile) so I don't have that much to go on for it.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Some cheap ones (19.99 or less):

Outlaw Golf - I know some prefer this over Tiger Woods, it's actually tougher.

Hunter the Reckoning - Gauntlet-esque shooter.

Gunvalkyrie - This (along with Envlave) is one of the toughest on XBOX.

Max Payne - If you haven't played the PC version.

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - I really enjoyed this one, lots of puzzle style platforming.

Rallipsort Challenge - My favorite racing game on XBOX.

Burnout - Haven't bought Burnout 2 yet, but the first one is some good arcade style racing.

Spider-Man - Good game, better than the Hulk.

Splinter Cell - Not a cheap one yet, but worth whatever you find it for.

Tony Hawk - I've got 2x,3, and 4...they're all insanely addictive.

Amped - Tough learning curve, but ultimately more rewarding then Tony Hawk, at least for me.

Stay Away From:

Simpsons Road Rage

Big Mutha Truckers

State of Emergency

Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
Gunvalkyrie...is this any good though?? tough does not always equal good as Im sure you know...

is there anything close to gran turismo for the box?? aside from sega gt which is ok but is lacking in the customization of your car

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Gunvalkyrie...is this any good though
Yes, it's very good...then again, you said you weren't into shooters so it might not be for you. I could only get so far because of the difficulty and the time limits, so it got pretty frustrating, but every so often I go back to it. Unfortunately, no cheats either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks