Need some suggestion on good RPTV (non HDTV)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tan_U, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Tan_U

Tan_U Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking to spend about $1,000 to $1,500 on a RPTV between the size of 45" to 55". Is there any brand I should stay away from and it would be great if someone knows where to get some great deals at, thanks.

I know thats not a lot to spend on a RPTV but I just want one to hold me over until I can afford a widescreen HDTV, my 32" is just not cutting it anymore.

2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Actually, around $1500 can snag you a Panasonic PT-47WX49 47" 16:9 HDTV, which has many fans on this forum.

Getting that price usually means taking a printout of an online store's price to Sears, where they will pricematch that online store.

Otherwise, if around $1500 is too much right now, then get the cheapest set possible that can still hold you over. A Sony, Panasonic, or Samsung true flat direct-view tube (32") all run around $1000, and will give you plenty of memories while you save to buy a widescreen HDTV.

EDIT: Also check out your local AV stores for their yearly clearance on last years models; you can usually score a good HDTV ready RPTV for around $1500, sometimes less.