need some speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by mattBAB, Jul 5, 2004.

1. mattBAB

mattBAB Auditioning

hello,
    we are moving tommorow, and am going to be setting up a new home theater in our new house. we have already decided on a tv, and will be getting a Harman/Kardon AVR 330 receiver, but we still need some speakers. the room this will be setup in is not very big, we will be setting up a 5.1 system to start off with, and we have a budget of about 1500 CDN. can anyone point me in the right direction to get some speakers?
    thanks!

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

3. paul clipsel

paul clipsel Stunt Coordinator

Speakers are really hard because they can sound so very different. Different people like different things about each of them. As an example a friend has set of Rockets, but I am not that impressed yet he is over the moon.

Since your in Canada some of the most obvious targets for listening at a dealer are Paradigm and PSB. They have very good pricing for those up in your neck of the woods. But having a listen to those brands in your price range should at least be your starting point. Once you get a feel for what particular sound you like it can help guide people as to your sound preferences.

PC

4. mattBAB

mattBAB Auditioning

hmm, well we have a home theater in this house already but we are leaving it here, and we have B&W bookshelf speakers for the surround satelites and they sound very nice. i would like something that would sound the same as those because they fill up the room very nicly and sound very nice.

5. mattBAB

mattBAB Auditioning

hmm, well we have a home theater in this house already but we are leaving it here, and we have B&W bookshelf speakers for the surround satelites and they sound very nice. i would like something that would sound the same as those because they fill up the room very nicly and sound very nice.

6. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

If you're in Canada, Paradigm and Axiom are excellent places to start.