1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need some speaker placement advice...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Jewett, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Dave Jewett

Dave Jewett Agent

Hello all,
    This is my first post to this forum, and my first foray into setting up a home theater... [​IMG] At the moment I'm considering getting the Diva package (4.1's, 2.1's, and C3) but I don't know where to place the rears. My room is about 13x22 with an 11ft vaulted ceiling. About 3 feet behind my couch is an open doorway to the kitchen (11ft width x 7ft height), to the right is a fireplace and the patio doors, and to the left are some builtin bookshelves. My question is, would I be better off wall mounting the rears behind the couch, even if they are substantially higher than my fronts? Or would I be better off putting the rears on stands? I don't have enough room for stands behind the couch but I could put one on either side.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

2. Harold_C

Harold_C Stunt Coordinator

High on the rear wall, spread as far as you can spread them, 3 feet behind the sofa would work really well!