Need some simple info on Fatal Frame

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derrik Draven, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Dec 7, 1998
    I rented this for my girlfriend on our PS2. Yeah, I've heard that the Xbox version is better but, it wasn't in.

Anyhoo...for those that have compared the 2; what about the Xbox version is better? Our rental runs out in a couple of days and I'm considering buying it for the 'Box simply because it would sound SOOOOO much better in 5.1!!!!

What else is better about the Xbox version?

Oh yeah, I finished the 1st night, the other night, and now we're on the 2nd night...something "demon". Can't remember the name of it. How many "nights/chapters" are there? And, do we ever get to see anymore of the mansion!??! Hell, so far this game isn't very big, if you know what I mean.

Definitely a VERY creepy game. The sound has some serious potential and I'm dying to hear it in 5.1 but, if there really isn't much else better than the ps2 version and, if there really isn't that much more "game" left, I'll save my cash.

Thanks for any info you guys can give.
  2. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Nov 28, 2000
    There are 4 nights, and the mansion isn't very big. I think the Xbox version has a bit of extra stuff added to it but I don't know about the sound.

I'd definately recommend Silent Hill 1 and 2 over this if you don't already have those.
  3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Feb 27, 2001
    The Xbox version has a different and better ending IMHO. Also there are more rooms and puzzles in the Xbox version I do believe.

Oh and the 5.1 sound................AWESOME!

As a HUGE fan of Silent Hill(best "Survival Horror" games out there), Fatal Frame is still a lot more scary then what either of the first two SHs were.
  4. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Feb 22, 2002
    I haven't played the PS2 version, but the ghost get a little upgrade in the Xbox version, sound is better, and different ending (from what I have heard.)

I enjoy it a lot, is a solid creepy game. Better still, watch the Ring on DVD and then play Fatal Frame, you won't sleep a wink [​IMG]