What's new

Need some Shag-a-delic Viewing? Try Some Ed Straker Baby ! (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Relive those FAB 60's when pink sweaters and go-go boots reigned supreme ! What perfect timing to explore more Austin Powers type Psychedelia, than with the release of the classic series UFO.

Everyone Smokes, dances to the beatles, sports shiney purple predisco wigs, and generally are real cool Baby!
Everyone really has that James Bond aura especially Hip Woman seeking Alec Freeman. But it's Ed Straker Baby that runs the show and he'll let everyone know it. This Badass isn't beyond stopping a Love affair between collegues even if they don't know there's one yet. Anything that stands in the way of SHADO gets moved out of the way, HARD !

As you see I'm enjoying this trip down memory lane. I initially dismissed this series until a friend turned me on to it. And unlike the 2nd season of Space 1999 there's no cute attempts at shallow humor and Beer making. It's all Buisness baby as those Green Devils attempt to Harvest our Innerds.

So Everyone get up on their Chair and start Screaming "Kill Straker" and have a ball with this great old show!

Christopher D

Second Unit
I had exactly the same reaction when I got the R2 set. This is totally Austin Powers, baby!

Bring on the sexy stews!

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Everyone is so hipped out, and here I am simply and earnestly hoping Earth can be saved. I guess some are distracted by the great technology, fun stories, and scantily clads...

Oh well. Great show for all. And exceptional DVD production quality for an older show.

BTW, some places still show 7/30 release date, but DDD has shipped set 1 already.

Have fun! Dan

Christopher D

Second Unit
It's hard to take it all that seriously with the mesh shirt that the Skydiver captain wears. But part of the attraction is indeed the dead serious way the actors play it with all of the swingin' sixties hardware, clothes, design, and music going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks