What's new

Need some setup advice (1 Viewer)

Kenny-

Auditioning
Hi guys, This is a great looking place. I'm new to this stuff, but I've been doing some reading and I'm trying to learn. Here's what I have and what I'm getting:

Phillips DVP642- Had good reviews and the price was nice.

Dish Network DISH500 standard reciever

JVC 52" LCD projection (In shipment at the moment)

Kenwood Fineline HTB-S610 Home theater - wireless and had good reviews.Also got a good price on it.

Monster Cable Ultra THX1000 Component Video cables

Monster Cable Ultra THX1000 Fiber Optic cable

Monster cable MP-HTS800 PowerCenter

Now my Kenwood Home theater DOES NOT have component video in/outs. It only has composite and doesn't even list an S-Video. Will this pose a problem?

Also how should I go about hooking up my Satellite reciever? It has S-Video and composite terminals. Do I hook it's audio composites into the TV or into the Kenwood Reciever.

I know my Component Video cables go from my DVD player to my TV and I know the Fiber Optic cable goes from the DVD player to the Kenwood Receiver. But the rest I'm confused about.

Most recievers I've seen have component Video in/outs. The Kenwood is a Higher priced unit especially for no DVD included.

I hope my post isn't to confusing.

John S

Senior HTF Member
"Now my Kenwood Home theater DOES NOT have component video in/outs. It only has composite and doesn't even list an S-Video. Will this pose a problem? "

Most people do not switch their video through their AVR, they make all video connection directly to the display. The feature is convienient for those of us that have limited inputs on are particular displays.

"Also how should I go about hooking up my Satellite reciever? It has S-Video and composite terminals. Do I hook it's audio composites into the TV or into the Kenwood Reciever"

Svideo to the display, probably should do both digital sound and analog L/R audio to the AVR if it has digital audio even, many don't still"

"I know my Component Video cables go from my DVD player to my TV and I know the Fiber Optic cable goes from the DVD player to the Kenwood Receiver. But the rest I'm confused about."

You don't seem that confused really. I think with that display you will have plenty of video inputs, and with that surround system, you will have plenty of audio inputs. Will seem simpler once you have it all and start hooking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks