What's new

Need some serious help! Please! (1 Viewer)

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
I do about 80% movies and 20% music my current speakers are as followed

Boston vr975
boston vrmc
boston vr950
boston micro 80x

I am looking at paradigm or swans what are your opinions on these speakers for this setup will be using a pioneer elite 53tx for a reciever!

Thankyou, Mark

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Try to get 5 of the same speakers of whatever brand you like, it really makes a difference

cabreau

Second Unit
Listen to both (if you can find some Swans to listen to) and decide which ones you like better. If you decide to go with Paradigms, I suggest giving a listen to the Studio's, they are tremendously clear and detailed. How come you don't have Martin Logans listed there and how come you want to move out of the Bostons? ;) My personal opinion is that the VR-3's are a MUCH better deal than either the Studio 60's or 100's (and I'm currently a Paradigm man). Can you trade up those Bostons at your local B&M?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Can I ask what you don't like about your current speakers? Always curious here....

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Mark, Mark, Mark, Mark, Mark........That dissapointed me man. (I am a big Boston fan :)) Please do tell why you want to switch. I had Boston vr965 and they did gey a bit muddy with the lows. I recently traded them up to the vr3's....awsome speaker with nice tight bass. I think my home theater sounds much better now that I have unpowered towers and the LFE relegated to a sub. Paradigm makes great speakers as well but to get into the eqivelent to those Bostons you will need to get into the Studio line. Cabreau and I listened extensively to those models and they are some sweet speakers.

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
I actually dont want to loose my boston I have tehm in my car truck and my home! I was toying with the idea of something different in my new theater! I would like to sell my 965 and upgrade to the unpowereds as well!!

MArk

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks