Need some serious help finding a movie. Help please!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeff Braddock, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

As you can probably tell from the subject line that I am in need of some help in a big way. Here's the run down: my wife is a high school english teacher and she teaches the book Gawain and the Green Knight to her class. After they are done, they watch the movie of it. The problem is she is not able to get the movie from the college library that she had in the past. Also, with the state budget being real tight the school probably wouldn't get it for her as they just spent a bit of money on her for other things. So here is the deal, we have been looking online for the movie, but the places we have found it are real expensive. For instance, at www.films.com the vhs (which is what we need) is $159.95. If anyone could help us find a cheaper version we would appreciate it very much. I know it is not your problem, but in the past everybody at the htf has been so nice and helpful that we thought you might be able to assist us with this. Thanks.

2. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

Might check Ebay?

3. Jeff Braddock

Oh yeah, I forgot to post where we have searched. Mainly, ebay, half.com, and amazon. We haven't had any luck at any of these sites.

4. Greg Krewet

Greg Krewet Stunt Coordinator

This may not help you much however if you can find it
    it should be a great deal cheaper. There is a movie
    called Sword of the Valient which is essentially the same
    story as Gawain and the Green Knight. In fact Gawain and the Green Knight is the original overseas title. It features Sean Connery and Miles O'Keefe and was once released on vhs by MGM. It is out of print now but some older video stores may have copies.Specialty net video stores like Facets might be able to rent it to you. Hope this helps.
    Best
    Greg

5. Jeff Braddock

Thanks Greg. We ended up finding that one and renting it from Blockbuster. After watching it, my wife was quite disappointed because it is not even close to the book. So, even though she got her hopes up, Sword of the Valiant won't work. Thanks though.