Bah. Just a small rant and maybe a request for help. I'm rather down and out in the dating department at the moment. All my life I've attempted (meaning I've asked out) after getting good signals from the ladies and I've failed every time (with a couple successes but I've never gone beyond the first date phase). I've varied my approaches and even worked on my confidence by losing weight (got down to 194 from 290 lbs.). Even THAT didn't work (which was really depressing after all the work I put into doing that). The ladies didn't even bat an eye. I just don't understand -- I thought you had to be thin to get girls. Apparently not. Why does it seem so easy for everyone else? I see just about every guy I know with a girlfriend and it pretty much makes me wonder why I'm always rejected. I'm generally outgoing and positive 98% of the time (the other 2% happens rarely). I even see the very fat on dates with pretty women. Could it be because I'm hearing impaired? Most people don't even seem to notice that I'm hearing impaired because I speak so well. Or maybe it's a glaring handicap. I don't know. I'm confident, cocky+funny, smart, and generally fun. That's apparently the whole deal when it comes to meeting women according to some people. But, *sigh*, none of that seems to work for me like it does for everyone else. Now I'm a little depressed and I've ballooned back up to 220 lbs. What the heck does it take to get a girlfriend?!?!