What's new

Need some QUICK advice on Klipsch... (1 Viewer)

Tyler_C

Auditioning
There's two things...I posted a thread about RF-3s vs. KLF-10s a few days ago, and decided to go with the RF-3s. Today I talked to a guy at Sound Connection and he said that the KLF-10s were much more of a "rock n roll" speaker and that the RF-3s were more home theatre. Since I listen to music more than watch movies (probably 65/35) this made me rethink my decision. I want a speaker that's loud for listening to Nothingface, Vision of Disorder, etc...but then again if I listen to Pink Floyd, Sigur Ros, etc...I wanted to be able to hear every little detail and when someone is playing a violin I want it to sound like they're right there plucking the strings. So I'm still undecided about this...
Also, I was planning on keeping my SS-1s as rears since I'm very happy with them. I was going to sell my SB3.1s to a friend, but the guy I talked to today suggested that I move the 3.1s to the rears and sell the SS-1s instead. He said that the 3.1s would match the RF-3s or KLF-10s better. Any opinions on this?
P.S. A UBid auction for some KLF-10s is about to end in 1 hour so hopefully I can get some quick opinions because I want to make the purchase tonight...
Thanks...
-Tyler

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
Tyler,
Relax, and place the order for the reference line RF3. If you noticed they did away with the Legend line and replaced them with an entire line of Reference. I too was looking at the RF3's vs the KLF 20 and decided on the RF3's. The guy wanted to get your business. Work your way into getting the entire Reference line all around. I have the reference line all around with a SVS 20-39 sub and I have yet to hear any system that sounds better then mine. I too listen to heavy metal to pink floyd to rap to jazz and I just smile everytime I listen to these speakers. They are absolutely amazing speakers

Tyler_C

Auditioning
They guy wasn't trying to get my business, he just suggested that I use the 3.1s as rears and sell the SS-1s, instead of using the SS-1s as rears and selling the 3.1s. I own both pairs of speakers so either way I wouldn't be buying anything off him.
Anyway, I ended up ordering a pair of KLF-10s for $555 shipped from Ubid. Hopefully I made the right decision, I'll try not to regret it. :)

Bob McKenny

Agent
Tyler,
One thing I would seriously consider adding to your purchase is a KLF-C7 center channel to go with your 10's. It also is no longer being made and you will never have the opportunity again to get a center that blends as well with your mains.
I use a KLF-C7 with my Chorus II's and love it.
Bob

Jack F

Agent
You made a good choice. You are going to love the KLF's.
Definitely consider picking up a KLF-C7 too, while you still can. Its an amazing Center Channel Speaker.
Jack

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
The klf 10's are nice(have the 20's myself). These guys are right about the klf c7, it is one kick**s center channel. Get it if you can get your hands on one.

Craig Ball

Second Unit
My vote is also for the KLF's, I have the 30's and think they blow away the reference line. As far as them being discontinued well Klipsch is really good about phasing out a good seller like the Legends, something new will be out sooner or later and thr reference series will too fade away!!!
Craig

Tyler_C

Auditioning
The KLF-10s were $418 for the pair, so shipping was about $137. It was something like $3 plus $.89 per pound. Pretty high, but still a good deal overall.
I've thought about picking up a KLF-C7 from ubid, but I need to get a new TV first among other stuff. Maybe I can get my friend who just bought my KSB 3.1s to buy my SC-1 too... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks