What's new

Need Some Help! (1 Viewer)

Nathan W

Agent
I am new to the Home Theater scene.. I have an Onkyo TX-575X and an old Sanyo television which doesn't have audio/video inputs or outputs.. My question is how would I need to hook my television into the receiver.. I can hook it all up through the VCR, but by doing this I only have 2 outputs which means I don't have enough video inputs and outputs to hook everything up.. So, help me tie this all in to the receiver where I can use the inputs and outputs of the receiver..

Nathan W

Agent
Come on guys, surely you have a solution..
frown.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I take it that buying a newer TV with inputs is out of the question? :)
How about buying a RF Modulator ($30 at Radio Shack) that will accept a composite video input and turn it into a RF output to feed the TV's RF connector?
Hook all the video sources to the receiver (they need to be composite video - one RCA cable), then run the receiver's video output into the RF modulator, and then run the output into the TV (uses that F-type connector with RG-59 or RG-6 (75 ohm) cable. Set the modulator to channel 3 or 4, set the TV to 3 or 4, use the receiver to select the source input to feed the TV.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks