What's new

Need some help with a DVD player (1 Viewer)

JustinTI

Auditioning
Hi, this is my first post on this board. I am looking to get a DVD player for my dad. I am willing to spend $200 total - cables included. However, if there is a much better player for a little bit more money, I will go over the limit. He has a Sony 36" XBR 450 - its HD ready. He has never owned a DVD player and still uses a VCR to watch movies. I think he will be pleasantly surprised with DVD's especially on his TV. I was thinking either the Panasonic S55S or the Sony DVP-NS725P with Monster Video component cables. I definitely want this DVD player to be progressive scan but DVD-Audio or SACD capabilities arent a must. Any input from yall would be greatly appreciated. Also, what do yall think would be the best place to buy it at? Its for fathers day so I am not in a hurry.

Thanks,
JustinTI

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
If you can still find one, you should try getting the Panny XP30 or CP72 (changer) instead. Either should offer better PQ me thinks. OTOH, I do like the new Panny's GUI, but your Dad may not care for such things.

I'm assuming the Sony 36" is a 4x3 HDTV, not 16x9, so no need for scaling.

_Man_

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
The Panny you mentioned would be a great one, and with 1 meter Monster component cables will be under your budget. Good choice Justin.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks