Need some help with a blue color problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Daniel T., Jun 3, 2003.

1. Daniel T.

Daniel T. Agent

So I splurged some and got myself a Samsung HLM507W(50" DLP rig). Brought it home, ran the cable line to it and let it warm up for awhile. Then popped in the AVIA disc and began the process of basic calibration. Was pretty close out of the box, just needed a nudge here and there really. I cannot for the life of me get the blue(hue?) to play nicely with other colors, not a big difference, but a difference nonetheless. Is there a setting that effects blue, or am I gonna need to get a pro out here to set things straight? Again, its a *tiny* bit off, not enough to discern without filters, but ya know how the small stuff will drive ya nuts?

Besides that smallish problem, this set is wonderful. Been wasting time playing with DVD's(Elite DV45 player). Gladiator sure looks nice on it, as does The Fifth Element. I feel spoiled now [​IMG]

2. Daniel T.

Daniel T. Agent

Nobody? *sniff* Just a little help eh?

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi dan,
    How do you know it is blue?? Overall, looking at gray patterns? Color decoder check with AVIA?

Chances are it is blue as all JPN TVs come that way. you will need to pull down the Blue Drive and Blue cut to balance the gray scale to D 6500K.

Ive never worked on a Sam DLP so I am of no particular help. I suggest you get the service manual, or call for service and get the tech to adjust the blue. (if it is a gray scale issue).

Best of luck!!

Gregg

4. Daniel T.

Daniel T. Agent

I used the AVIA filter/flashy thing. Its off by such a small bit that cracking into the service panel is NOT an option. I was just kinda hoping that it was an easy fix. I can live with the itty-bitty amount it's off, but it'll always be in the back of my mind. I know nothing of calibration except for what I did with the AVIA disc, and frankly the picture is so vastly better than my old CRT that I might just convince myself to forget about it and go on with my life [​IMG]

Thanks for the heads-up tho.

Dan