What's new

Need some help picking speakers.... (1 Viewer)

Alexander Diaz

Auditioning
I am new here, my dad and I just finished building our first house in Carpinteria California. It is just him and I living in the house. As of now we have a 58' panasonic HDTV,and these Sony surround sound speakers, basically 2 towers and 2 mini speakers. My dad and I already put speaker wire into the wall and have a closet that is ready to have our little control center. We plan on getting a projector soon, but right now we are looking for our speakers. We don't really know what we should go for, we want something else besides bose, our price range goes from the 500-2500. we're looking for something for sporting events and movies. I would appreciate some suggestions.

With a budget like yours you actually have alot of options. It is hard to say what speakers would be right for you the best way to find your perfect companion is to go out and listen to them. Make sure when you are trying out different speakers bring a dvd or music cd that you know. That way you know the content and can compare it to the others. Personally I use Klipsch Referance all around and are quite happy. Just remember try before you buy.:D

Troy Swope

Stunt Coordinator
Joel:

What av receiver do you own? how large is your HT room? I am considering Klipsch all the way around as well and wanted some feedback from other owners. Thanks.

-troy

Brian Shannon

Stunt Coordinator
Speaker buying is very subjective. Personally I would not buy a speaker without hearing it first.

Some of the most respected names around are B&W, Paradigm, PSB, Canton, Definitive Technology and others.

Do yourself a favor, go out to several stores with material you are familiar with and listen to different speakers.

Good luck.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
imo, speakers are the most subjective thing about ht. a speaker that sounds like crap to one person can sound like gold to another.
you absolutely have to audition speakers for yourself and decide what sounds good to you.
go to as many places as you can and listen to all of them. also try to bring software that you are very familiar with. that'll help give you an idea. when making a purchase, be sure they offer a money-back and/or upgrade option.
also, read the 'what every newbie should know' thread at the top of this forum...some good tips on how to buy and what to look for in speakers.

Tim Campbell

Agent
Buying speakers is the easiest thing to do. Once you get into a range of speakers that are well made, it is all what you like

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks