What's new

Need some help on selection and setup (1 Viewer)

PocketsRN

Auditioning
Real Name
Travis
I'm looking to cap off my new living room setup with a decent sound system, but I'm getting lost in the maze. I don't update often, so I'm always a little behind on technology.
To use with a 4k blu ray player, do you have to have 4k pass through capability? Or do they just link via the TV? My current setup has the blu ray to the sound bar, and the sound bar to the TV via hdmi, but looks like this is now an obsolete setup. Everything I see now is soundbars that only hookup via optical digital, and 4k players that only hookup via hdmi.

One major annoyance I've had is everytime I turn the system on, the sound is a little off, and has to be re-synced. Is there a cure for this? Or is it maybe something I'm doing wrong?

Lastly, suggestions on selection? I don't need anything overly powerful or high-end, just a good rounded sound, with good surround, and wireless surround speakers. So far, I like the Sonos play bar and Bose 500 or 700 5.1 systems. Thoughts on these, or recommendations on others? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks