What's new

Need some help on making a seperates desicion. (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Now only if I could spell. As you all may or may not know my wonderful wife bought me a pair of dunlavy SC-II A/V's. Awsome awsome speakers. But because of my power constraints I managed to blow a tweeter. I am very hopeful that I should be able to get them fixed soon. So therefor I will be taking them out of commission till I can get the proper equipment.

Heres what I have no, a 7 Channel 110 Watts per channel yamaha RXV-1400 reciever. Now mind you the dunlavys still sounded amazing on this thing. I also have a basic $150 pioneer SACD/DVDA/DVD player. Its not that great but its what I could afford that did DVD-A and SACD. Now I also have aquired 4 Dunlavy subs, and a bunch of speaker cable that I do not need right now. I have some monster Z-series speaker cables that I could proably sell for $125. I have the 4 dunlavy subs, Im thinking $600 for those. Then I have some dunlavy speaker cable that is 4 guage silver, Im thinking $800 for all that I have. So Im thinking of selling this stuff to finance a new amp. I also have some boston towers for my rears and an infinity alpha for my center. I know kinda rigged.

Now to the point with the equipment I have I would like some opinions. Should I just pretty much get rid of everything except the dunlavy's and my SVS and start over, or do you think I can work with what I have. Im going to have a conversation with my wife tonight about this. But Im personally leaning towards getting an awsome 2 channel setup till I can get dunlavys all around and the proper power and equipment.

What do you think? Sorry for the long post, but ANY suggestions are welcome. Please if you want to go really in depth or are interested in any of the equipment I do have, except my SVS and Dunlavys, :D please email me.

[email protected]

Thanks again guys.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Sounds like your on the right track. Startung with a great 2 channel setup and adding to it is a great way to start out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks