What's new

Need some help on compatability of a few components I'm looking at. (1 Viewer)

vinnievega

Auditioning
Real Name
vinnie
Hey guys, I need some help finishing off my home theater system. Let me start by telling you what I have, and then let me tell you what I'm looking to do , and hopefully someone will have some solid advice for me. I have a 37" vizio LCD TV, purchased 1-2 years ago. I have a gateway media comp that was purchased from tiger direct less than 1 year ago, which is cloned to my Vizio via HDMI output. I also have an xbox elite connected via HDMI cable, and a digital cable box connected with HD component cables (LCD only has 2 hdmi inputs). Currently I have a very old Hardon Kordon 2.1 computer speaker system that has served me very well while using my computer to watch DVDs, or other content downloaded on the internet, but lately the left speaker has been fading in and out and I'm looking to upgrade to something that can be used with all of my components (on a budget) And be controlled by one remote. I found this sound bar by phillips. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4965225&csid=ITD&body=MAIN First off id like to ask if this is a good purchase, Is a sound bar a good way to go (this is a bedroom set up, 11'x12' room) and are there issues with wireless speakers? secondly I'd like to know if It can be plugged into all of my components and thirdly id like to know if it all can be controlled by the logitech 520 remote control (another item im planning on purchasing) If for some reason this is not a good route please let me know another surround sound set up that I would be better off with, that also can be controlled by the same remote, thanks

-Vinnie

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It has a total of 4 audio inputs (3 in the rear/1 in the front) so it should work with your Gateway, Xbox and cable box. That leaves the front input free for temporary connections.

You can set up an account now with Logitech and configure your remote before ever buying it. Also, all of the Harmony models are learning remotes. If the sound bar remote is IR, then the Harmony can learn the commands.

The only thing up to you is to decide if it is a good purchase. Do you like how it sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks