Need Some Help Finding The Name Of A Female Jazzy/Blues Singer...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Heebner, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone help me? I recently heard a CD with a very incredible sounding woman singing covers and originals of bluesy/jazz songs. She is a white woman, and there is a picture of her on the cover. I thionk she was wearing a blue jean jacket and white skirt. She is attractive looking with medium length brown hair.

I cannot remember her name or the name of the CD. The color of the CD is mostly blue. I know that I am not giving a whole lot of information, but I would recognize the name if I saw it. I am not typically a fan of this type or genre, but this womans voice was incredible! , and I want this CD. Anyone have some ideas of who this could be?

If this helps, the CD sounded very, very good, lots of bass from certain stringed instruments.

I am sorry to not be able to give any more information, but any help would be appreciated. I will have this CD!

Thanks

Matt

2. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
  4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Susan Tedeschi also seems like a possible candidate to me.

5. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

I found it! Thanks for the link to the All Music Guide!

Her name is Patricia Barber, and the album is Companion. I ordered it already. Like I said before, I never have been a fan of this genre of music, but she absolutly floored me!!

Thanks for the help.

Matt