1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Some Help Finding The Name Of A Female Jazzy/Blues Singer...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Heebner, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone help me? I recently heard a CD with a very incredible sounding woman singing covers and originals of bluesy/jazz songs. She is a white woman, and there is a picture of her on the cover. I thionk she was wearing a blue jean jacket and white skirt. She is attractive looking with medium length brown hair.

I cannot remember her name or the name of the CD. The color of the CD is mostly blue. I know that I am not giving a whole lot of information, but I would recognize the name if I saw it. I am not typically a fan of this type or genre, but this womans voice was incredible! , and I want this CD. Anyone have some ideas of who this could be?

If this helps, the CD sounded very, very good, lots of bass from certain stringed instruments.

I am sorry to not be able to give any more information, but any help would be appreciated. I will have this CD!

Thanks

Matt

2. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
  4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Susan Tedeschi also seems like a possible candidate to me.

5. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

I found it! Thanks for the link to the All Music Guide!

Her name is Patricia Barber, and the album is Companion. I ordered it already. Like I said before, I never have been a fan of this genre of music, but she absolutly floored me!!

Thanks for the help.

Matt