What's new

Need some help finding speakers... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Libby

Stunt Coordinator
I don't want to go much over $1500. I need a full 5.1 set, and they won't get through the door unless they are a light, color finish like maple or aspen...hey, don't laugh. On the weekends I get to pick out what clothes I wear! And the sub can be any color. Anyway, If someone knows of any really unbelievable deal that isn't maple colored I may be able to work a deal with the "devil". I know about Axiom, and the lovely Totem Forests are out of my range I believe. I appreciate your help.
Ryan
p.s. Too bad Bose doesn't make anything in maple.

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
You should take a look at the KEF Q series which come in maple, black, or a medium brown color. The Q1s retail for $450/pair (I think) and about $350 for the center which puts you at $1250 without a sub, but you can probably get a better deal and get the set with a decent sub for about $1600.

JohnBrianW.

Stunt Coordinator
Other than Axiom, I would check out the Totem Dreamcatcher system. Out of all of the systems i tried out these 2 were the ones I liked best. I looked at KEF, NHT, Energy, Paradigm (the studio series is the exception) and B&W. Dahlquist has been getting some good reviews but I haven't listened to them. I'm looking forward to my auditioning some M&K's soon.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Ryan,
I think AXIOM is a very good speaker and for $1500 you could get an EPIC GRAND MASTER .
But you might ckeck also JBL S38 the do make them in MAPLE, very good speaker for the money, and you buy for for $600 + S center $ 150 + SVS 25-31 $500 = $1300 with shipping.

Philip A

Agent
I have the Dahlquist line (two QX10's, the QX60C, two QX6's and a QX4 + my M&K sub). Bought them from Marc at the Audioshop over the phone.
I am so incredibly impressed. Just last night I unswitched my M&K and let FOTR go on the just QX10's and it floored me when Sauron imploded/exploded (the Cave Troll scene is unbelievable as well).
Anyway, I am so pleased with these speakers--from the binding posts to the grills and everything in between. Music is great (the soundstage is well wider than the speakers in stereo) and HT is phenomenal--Halo on X-box is seemless as sonic elements rotate around you in a truly immersive environment.
Sorry if I wax eloquent, but I'm impressed and enjoying them completely. Marc a/b's these Dahlquists against Paradigm, Axiom, Totem, etc. in his showroom. Call and ask him about his impressions and those of his customers there locally. Good luck.
check them out at
Link Removed

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Need some help finding speakers...
As my mother used to say, "Have you looked in your closet?" ;) Seriously, have you auditioned any Paradigm speakers. They have speakers that will fit almost any room and budget. For your budget you might start with the Mini-Monitors. But as you know, your ears will be the judge of what are the best speakers for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks