Need some help and recommendations

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Keith E, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Keith E

Keith E Stunt Coordinator

May 7, 2001
    I purhcased the Final Destination 2 DVD about a month ago. I just opened it up the other night to watch the movie and the widescreen side of the disc is cracked from the center to abou the middle of the disc. I no longer have my receipt when from when I purchased the disc at Circuit City. I tried to take the disc back and exchange it and they said that they couldn't do anything without the receipt. Asked for a manager and he told me the same thing, no receipt, no exchange. All I wanted to do was exchange the freaking movie for the same title, hopefully one not cracked. My question is does anyone have a way to make contact with customer service at New Line where I could maybe get a replacment or any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Jun 30, 1997
    Joseph DeMartino
    I'm afraid I can't offer much encouragement here. You've had the thing for a month. Even if you had a receipt I doubt anyone would give you a refund. There's a lesson here: Even if you don't plan to watch a movie immediately, unwrap it and check to make sure it is the right disc, not physically damaged, etc. and so forth. Stores will exchange defective merchandise within a reasonable amount of time, but over a month is beyond reasonable. The assumption is that people are going to detect and report these problems as soon as they get the product home. If they accepted a physically damaged iten for return without a receipt and more than a month after the purchase, what's to stop anyone who breaks a product form coming back months and months later to demand a refund? And if the retailer won't help you, the manufacturer almost certainly isn't going to.

I suspect you're just going to have to chalk the $15 or so bucks up to experience and be more careful next time.

But if you still want to try I'm sure a Google search on "new line" will get you their website, and buried somewhere in there will be the customer service contact information.