Need some help about "day of the dead"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by BrentJ, Aug 2, 2003.

1. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

Is this the 3rd installment of a trilogy? The reason I ask is that I have never seen any of the films and would like to buy the upcoming dvd. However, I don't want to watch it until the others are released. I know of day and dawn of the dead but what is the other movie in the trilogy and in what order do the movies go in? If someone could help me out here and not bash me for not knowing much about these films it would be greatly appreciated.

2. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    The "other" is Night of the Living Dead, the first and most famous. You don't have to necessarily watch these in order, though most older people probably have because of the long times between "installments".

3. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

None of them are directly linked-they're interlinked by the overall event of the dead returning to life and each film looks at the stages-

Night of the Living Dead- Fright and surprise
    Dawn of the Dead-survival of the fittest
    Day of the Dead-acceptance and decay

Day is obviously the most bleakest of the three but it could actually be a good starting point for a first time thru the series.

4. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

Thanks for clearing this up. I look forward to watching all three.

5. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Oddly enough I first saw them in reverse order. When Day came out theatrically I hadn't seen Night yet. I was so taken with it that I went to a midnite showing of Dawn that very night. Next day I coudn't wait for the video store to open to rent Night.

So, yeah, it doesn't really matter what order you see them as they're all self contained. Night is already out in numerous editions, but the Millenium edition is recommeded. Dawn has been out before so a decent video store should have it on DVD.

-paul