What's new

Need some direct view tv recomendations for xbox for 2000.00 or under (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I need a direct view set for the xbox. I need it to do 480p and have a 16'9 true squeeze mode as well. Any suggestions?

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Any Sony HS series TV will do the job for you. Pick your size, 53" or 61". I believe the model numbers are 53HS30, 61HS30.

Also, the 43" 43HT30 is a good set as well; I'm just not into tabletop projection TVs.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Then I would suggest the Sony Wegas, specifically these models: KV-32HS20 and KV-36HS20. If you're looking to save some money, check out Samsung's DynaFlat HD series; several of their 32" models include TSL3293HF, TSL3294HF, TSL3295HF, TXM3296HF. Both the Sony's and Samsung's have 16:9 vertical compression modes.

george king

Supporting Actor
Check out the Hitachis. They do not have flat screens, which can be a minus (glare) and a plus (they do not have any geometry problems that one finds on flat screens). Plus, the color decoder is really really good. Also have the squeeze.

Only down side is that there is only one wide band input. So if you were to hook up an xbox, progressive dvd and HD receiver, you would need some sort of switch box.

Hope this helps.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Hi George!

I was just actually reading about the Hitachi and it sounds great. As far as a switch box, any idea how much one of these costs? By using a switch box will I loose any picture quality since I am not pluged directly into the hdtv? Also, couldnt I just use my component inputs on my receiver for some of these items?

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I would suggest the 36" Sony HS20 or the 32" XBR450 at the $2000 price point. You may want to wait until new models come out this summer/fall. You may able to get a great deal on a 2002 model.

george king

Supporting Actor
Todd,

Switch boxes vary in price, and you do not lose any picture quality. JVC makes a passive switcher (you have to press a button to switch sources) for about $80. There are a variety of active switchers (they do this automatically) from key digital and extron that run $400-800.

Hope this helps.

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Hi, New member here.
Regarding the switchbox, I use the following the
"Key Digital Component Video 2-in 1-out AUTO Switcher"
http://www.bettercables.com/keydigcomvid.html
For my Xbox on and Dvd player on my 36' Toshiba. I got this unit because it allows full bandwith of HD sources. It's pricey, but I got it because I will be upgrading to a direct view HDTV or maybe a 42' Plasma soon (keeping my fingers crossed). Hope this helps....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks