What's new

Need some dark cherry tower speakers (2 Viewers)

wp7456

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Okay I need some dark cherry tower speakers to match the rest of the furniture in my room. They need to be around $400 each at the most.

These will be used purely for audio/music listening. They will not be part of my surround sound system for movies. They will be powered by a Marantz ZS5300, which will be connected to the receiver which is an Onkyo ZS 5300. I will probably use the receiver's power for this pair, and it is 100w x 2. Thanks guys.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
"They need to be around $400 each at the most." - so if it is $800.00 for the pair...

HTD Level 3 towers - $799.00 per pair:

HTD Level THREE Tower Speakers

If you meant $400.00 for the pair...then

Level 2 towers - #399.00 per pair

HTD Level TWO Tower Speakers

They will give you your money back if you don't like them....they use a real wood veneer as aposed to vinyl coverings.

"Cabinets are cut using computer-controlled machines and made of quality 3/4" MDF with internal bracing to minimize unwanted cabinet resonance. Unlike many of our competitors, we never cover our cabinets in cheap imitation-wood grain vinyl. Instead, our cabinets are painted black with mid-gloss lacquer or expertly covered in gorgeous real wood veneers."

Friend has the Dark Cherry level twos, and likes the sound and the look...

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
Other possible options;

Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Audio, Home Theater, Speakers, Plasma TV

I would ask around here about Polk before buying them though. I have never heard them. I have heard some models of Boston Accoustics and thought they were pretty good in the room they were set up.

Anyway, I have no recommendations here for specific choices just a site to browse with more choices.

You are right on that $ edge of the next step up but, that's where I always find myself as well, looking at the next best thing. Good luck!

I have also seen quite a bit of positive comments on the Axioms here and on other sites.

Users who are viewing this thread