What's new

Need some cheering up, yesterday marked 5 years since my best friends murder. (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I cant believe this guy was walking around with a gun and got off pleading "Self Defense" WTF?!?
I dont think Ive ever mentioned this here before:
I understand how you feel. My (ex)friends sister was killed by a jealous b/f. He got pissed off becuase she had talked to her exs b/fs mother and chased after her. She sped up to get away and lost control and ended up hitting a utility pole.This wasnt the first time hes chased her either.There wasnt enough evidence to press charges (although he was later found guilty in civil trial)and nothign was done about it.
This girl was just beautiful and she was a great person and didnt deserve this. To tell you I had a hard time with this would be a drastic understatement. I always liked her but had a rule not to date your friends sister - its bad for business. But we were attracted to each other - about a month before she died, we had agreed to go see Beavis and Butthead together (we both loved the show)and that was the last time I saw her. I had alot of guilt and regret and it too me a long time to accept what happened.I had stomach aches and cramps, my temper went through the roof,I couldnt concentrate,severe insomnia,cried all the time,headaches,chest pains, I punched walls, I dragged someone out of their car for cutting me off. I was really out of control.The thought of this guy walking away was unacceptable,unbearable and unthinkable. It haunted me constantly, and I struggled daily with a uncontrollable hatred.
I felt like Ahab, obsessed with getting the person who had killed her, hurt me and my friends family (who still havent recovered from the loss 5 years later and continue to self destruct).I got a gun from a Vietnam vet and was planning on putting a few bullets in his spine(Dont worry I eventually buried the gun).
He moved out of state after running into my brother one day, but recently moved back. While Im not consumed with the thought of killing (or crippling him)anymore, but I cant say what I would do if I saw him. Id proablly break his neck.
Hopefully these people will eventually get what they deserve.
I'm very affectionate with my friends.I learned alot from this. I constantly tell the people I care about I love them becuase you just never know...
My condolences for the loss of your friend.
Since this a Home Theater Forum Ill end this with a great movie quote "He's not really dead you know, as long as we remember him" :)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Perhaps a better question would be what happened to the "person" that killed your friend.

And please don't tell me he's still breathing and walking.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Yes, he's still out there, unless he has been arrested for something else. He was a petty thief and has been busted for narcotics in the past. His name is burned into my skull. I have not run into him though. I'm not exactly sure what I would do if I did. :frowning:
I remember sitting at the trial and hearing my friends family go over scenerios of it they caught him out on the street. I must admit I have planned out what I would do if I were to encounter him, but then again I'm not exactly sure what would really happen if I saw him.
I am sorry to hear about your friend Jon, another tragedy.
:frowning:
I myself got away from an abusive estranged boyfriend who kidnapped me and tried to kill me. Some women are sadly not as lucky. My condolances go out to you and her family as well. Doing that find a grave page about a year ago seemed to help me some. Maybe you could put up a page in her honor so that her family and friends could tell the world what a wonderful girl she was.
You are right .... they aren't dead as long as we remember them.
Peace,
Eve

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Eve, my deepest deepest sympathies about your friend. He is obviously living on in your heart and memory. Hearing your story has hit a very deep nerve in me.

Six years ago my life was turned upside down by the abusive ex-boyfriend of a girl I knew. He came frighteningly close to ending my life (and hers). She got away, but he is still 'at large,' living in the area. Every time I see someone who resembles him I freak out.

My opinion on the punishment of batterers and murderers like this: public castration and execution, no more, no less. And I stand by it.

-J

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Woa.....It's hard to say what you feel sometimes. I am truelly sorry. I wish the justice system stood for what it once was....i.e. JUSTICE. But it seems to now stand for something all together different.

As for your true friend all I can say is that I don't know of an action more honorable than what he did. He stands for everything I stand to believe. When I hear of situations like this it begins to burn a hole in my soul and I feel enraged. Unfortunately that is due to me own personal experiences close to heart. I personally would have done the same thing as your friend. I hope you keep his memory alive and I commend you on your efforts as a true friend.

Chet

Users who are viewing this thread