What's new

Need some cheering up, yesterday marked 5 years since my best friends murder. (1 Viewer)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I know this is kind of a bummer topic but I was feeling a little down when I was reminded that yesterday June 10th marks 5 years since my best friend was shot and murdered while protecting a battered woman in a restaurant parking lot. I went to the murder trial and the guy got off by claiming self defense. (He shot my friend 3 times all though he had every chance to leave before any words were exchanged.)He came to where my friends were gathered which was a Denny's restaurant and waited on his estranged girlfriend who had recently left him due to domestic violence. She was inside eating with my friend(s) He came inside the eatery and when he tried to make his estranged girlfriend leave the restaurant my friend stepped in (he knew she was being beat) and told the guy to leave. The guy did leave, but unknown to my friend the guy went home and got a gun and returned to the restaurant and waited outside in the parking lot. My friends left the restaurant and went outside to leave when the guy confronted my friend and began to start a fight. He spit in my friends face and tried to make his estranged girlfriend leave with him. After he spit in my friends face my friend grabbed him and the guy pulled out his gun from behind and shot him 3 times....3 times! Self defense my butt. In any event, I started a page for him on findagrave.com and am including a link to his mermoial page below. I would appreciate any fellow Home Theater members leaving a kind word on his page for his family to read as I know they still struggle with the tragic loss of their son on a daily basis. I miss him very much. He is also a vetern and served in the Persian Gulf war.
Many thanks,
Dart Girl
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=5572494&

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to hear that. It really makes me enraged to know assholes like that get away. Hopefully one day, you, and his family will get revenge. :angry:

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
That makes me sick.
My uncle was murdered, randonmly. I didn't know him very well, it was via marriage, and they were divorced years ago, but it's my cousins father... It just seems such an awful way to die.
Your friend left the world in a very noble way.
A few of my friends have died in the last few years... One of them left behind a wonderful wife and two kids that absolutely adored him. :frowning:
I guess I'm just saying: I know how you feel, and am sorry.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Believe me, I count myself fortunate for not having to deal with something like this. I've had freinds pass away, be it accident or sickness...but, man, to have them ripped from your life because of someone else's anger...I just can't imagine what you are going through. You certainly have my sympathies.

As for the guy getting off, I can't say it comes as a shock. Around here, we don't get much violent crime, so when it does happen, it is something that most people follow very closely. Two years ago, a young college girl was stabbed to death as she jogged in the park. The guy who did it was caught and though his truck was soaked with blood (the investigators cut open the seat and said that the foam cushion was completely saturated), this jerk claimed that the police chased him (he took the cops on a 10 mile high speed chase) to another town and brought along a bucket of blood with them and proceeded to throw it on him and pour it on his seats. At his trial, he went through 4 defense attorneys, citing differences of opinions. He was made to act as his own attorney because he refused to accept council (there was always an attorney on hand anyways). After the trial, he appealed and tried to overturn the conviction on the grounds that he wasn't allowed representation. It's stories like that that make me realize just how twisted this world can be.

Again, though I can't relate, you have my condolences.

Bruce

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I feel for you and know your friend is in a better place. Please, please tell my the female friend did not go back to the abusive murderer (I've seen this happen).

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Eve:

I can't *in any way* know what you are feeling over this. Please accept my sympathies for the loss your friend on this day - he sounds like he was a true gentleman and a geniune hero.

Pete

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Seeing as how I lost my Uncle in much the same fashion many years ago, I understand exactly how you feel. Just hang in there and be strong.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Eve, I can't imagine a worse way to lose a friend. You have my deepest condolences.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys for taking the time out to care. It's comforting knowing that even though people over the internet might not have met that we all share a common bond and that is that we all are human and we all (most of us anyway) understand how bad it feels to lose someone special to us.

Eve.

Dennis

Second Unit
Did someone try to re-open the case because I can't see how in the world that's considered self defense! The guy came back with a gun! May not be an open and shut case but it doesn't seem that the guy with the gun was in too much danger.

That's a tough thing to take. My sincere condolences. Your friend went out a Man.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
WOW, that's terrible. Sorry to hear it. That kind of stuff is sickening. Self defense my arse. At least your friend had some worth in that he was doing the right thing when that happened. More people should be that way.

When I was a teen, I had a close friend get killed randomly also. I was a skater (skateboard) and he was a biker. We hung out a a friend's ramp. One night he was riding his bike home and was shot in the back for no apparent reason. He survived, and was banging on the door of the nearest house. The occupants did not open the door because they were afraid, and instead called the police. He died by the time the police came. We all found out not from his family, but by hearing it on the news that night. I was so stunned that I didn't know what to do or say.

It was later discovered that two young boys were in a open field playing with a gun, and accidentally shot him.

RIP to all those good people who die needlessly.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
I despise people who abuse their spouses.

He laid down his life to protect a friend. A protector to the end.

How absolutely terrible, yet what more can one ask for?

My hat is off to him

My condolences to his family, to his friends, and especially to you, Eve. The website shows how much you cared for him. And that, too, counts in the end.

Mike

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Jesus Eve... that's so sad to hear. It sounds like your friend was a great guy, and although he's gone, you're fortunate to have known him. Here's another hug for ya.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Not only do I offer my condolences to you, but a hope and prayer that such a tragedy never befalls you ever again. I know this can't comfort you much, but I have this strong belief that that guy will get his in the end.

StephenA

Screenwriter
That's sad. The guy who did it is a real whacko. Your friend was an excellent guy. Extra hugs for you and his family.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Main Entry: al·tru·ism
Pronunciation: 'al-tru-"i-z&m
Etymology: French altruisme, from autrui other people, from Old French, oblique case form of autre other, from Latin alter
Date: 1853
1 : unselfish regard for or devotion to the welfare of others
2 : Eve's friend

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks