Need some advice, quickly please...monoblocks

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Daniel T., Jun 15, 2003.

1. Daniel T.

Daniel T. Agent

Quickly for the reason that the auction is over in ~5 hours. I've found 2 Denon POA-6600 monoblocks for a decent price, and just wanted a bit of feedback on these amps. I'll be driving 4 monitors with em, I think the speakers are rated at...wait I know they are rated at 200 watts max. The Denons will toss out 260 watts, so that should give me plenty of headroom, correct? I'll be bi-amping the monitors, using my receiver to drive the tweets and the Denons to move air with the mid/woofs. Think this will be an okay setup? My current receiver is a tad underpowered, and all I'm really after is a worry-free setup, that I can on occasion get frisky with the volumes.

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Depending on the price they're not a bad buy and will do fine for what you're suggesting.

3. Daniel T.

Daniel T. Agent

Eh, I got sniped. Well, with the 5 min overtime bidding thing, it wasn't quite a snipe, but the price ratchted up too much for my liking.

Guess I'll see how the 125x1 watt Marantz monos sound and go from there. HT/stereos are entirely too expensive [​IMG]