What's new

Need some advice on Sony 34HS510 or 36HS510 (1 Viewer)

CraigPilecky

Auditioning
Yesturday at Best Buy I bought a Sony 36HS510 4:3 ratio. Im going to pick it up on friday. But im having second thoughts and thinking of getting the 34" widescreen model.

The sale is still good this week. So where talking about $190 more with tax. Is it worth it? Or am I better of with the 36" 4:3?

Im primarily interested in widescreen movies and videogame.

Please give me some advice :emoji_thumbsup:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think you just answered your own question. ;)

without question, i would take a 16x9 over a 4x3 any day of the week. but i'm a nut for widescreen movies. with regular 4x3 material, i just stretch the pic.

is that a hi-def tv? if so, consider that (sooner or later) all hi-def programming will be shot in a 16x9 ratio anyway. so, if you buy a 4x3 now ... and plan on keeping it for a while ... you may be shortchanging yourself down the road.

also, you may want to ask a mod to move this to the display forum - may get more replies there.

CraigPilecky

Auditioning
Yeah I think I did answer my own question. Thing is I didn't want to spend over $1500. So I originally bought the 32", planning to pick it up this coming friday. Went back and upgraded to the 36". And now im going to change the order again to the 34" widescreen. :b

There going to get sick of me changing my order, but I keep spending more so they wont get pithy with me. ;)

Yeah, I will be better of with the 16:9 34" tv. Its not as bulky as the 36" one and the picture for widescreen movies will be even bigger. Of all the 34" HDTVs ive looked at this Sony model seems the best.

Thanks

Oh and if a mod reads this please move it for me.

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Dude, you paid to much for that tv. I payed $1500 for a 36HS510. You've got to be aggressive and negotiate. They will come down.

Danny.

In regards to the widescreen Vs. 4:3 tv. You have to ask yourself 2 questions. 1) Do you see yourself getting HD tv signals in the next 2 years? 2) Do you mainly play a Gamecube rather than a PS2 or Xbox?

Most 1st party Gamecube games are 4:3 but the other 2 systems offer more widescreen games. Obviously if you play a Gamecube a lot and don't intend on paying for HDTV signals anytime soon i'd go with the 4:3 tv.

Danny

Users who are viewing this thread