Need some advice concerning blank media.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JakeGreen, May 12, 2004.

1. JakeGreen

JakeGreen Stunt Coordinator

I just got a dvd burner for my computer. It's a TDK AID+880 , It's 8x dvd+/-

Anyway, I need to pick up some blank media so I can backup my dvd collection. I recently was told that the media does vary widely in quality from one brand to another.
    Someone recomended Ritek to me as a cheap, yet good disk.

I will be playing them on a JVC RX-DV5 most of the time.
    I need to get some disks soon, so please recomend some to me and a good place to get them. Thanks.

2. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alfie
    I've had nothing but good luck backing up stuff using the always inexpensive Compusa Brand DVD+ and - discs.

I also buy Verbatim's at Sam's Club and they do well as do the Memorex blanks.

Just grab whats on sale and have fun!

3. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

TDK's.

Never had a problem.

4. JakeGreen

JakeGreen Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone tried the Ritek? They are 100 disks for $69. If they are any good, that would be a hard deal to beat.

5. Jeffrey Taylor

Ritek's are OK, but to echo a previous comment, I have always bought the no-name lots of 100 on ebay and have been totally satisfied. You've undobtedly learned that -r's are a bit cheaper and easier to find than the +r's, but other than that my Pioneer computer burner and my Panasonic set top have proven not to be picky about brand.