1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need some advice concerning blank media.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JakeGreen, May 12, 2004.

1. JakeGreen

JakeGreen Stunt Coordinator

I just got a dvd burner for my computer. It's a TDK AID+880 , It's 8x dvd+/-

Anyway, I need to pick up some blank media so I can backup my dvd collection. I recently was told that the media does vary widely in quality from one brand to another.
    Someone recomended Ritek to me as a cheap, yet good disk.

I will be playing them on a JVC RX-DV5 most of the time.
    I need to get some disks soon, so please recomend some to me and a good place to get them. Thanks.

2. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    I've had nothing but good luck backing up stuff using the always inexpensive Compusa Brand DVD+ and - discs.

I also buy Verbatim's at Sam's Club and they do well as do the Memorex blanks.

Just grab whats on sale and have fun!

3. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

TDK's.

Never had a problem.

4. JakeGreen

JakeGreen Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone tried the Ritek? They are 100 disks for $69. If they are any good, that would be a hard deal to beat.

5. Jeffrey Taylor

Ritek's are OK, but to echo a previous comment, I have always bought the no-name lots of 100 on ebay and have been totally satisfied. You've undobtedly learned that -r's are a bit cheaper and easier to find than the +r's, but other than that my Pioneer computer burner and my Panasonic set top have proven not to be picky about brand.