What's new

Need some advice about what I thought was a common cold (Warning, it’s a little gross (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I was feely very poorly on Monday. Because of the symptoms, I thought I was just coming down with a cold. Well a day or two later as the symptoms got worse I started seeing blood in my snot when I blew my nose. Not a lot, just traces so I didn’t think much of it at the time. I did run a fever Wednesday night but by Thursday morning it had subsided. I’m feeling better now, not yet 100%, but much better. Although all my symptoms are subsiding, the blood in the snot has not. I have been taking Claritin-D 24hr (still prescription strength) for congestion since Monday. Oddly, normally my colds start in my head and move to the chest area. This has not been the case this time. Could it be a sinus infection? Maybe….although I wouldn’t know for sure since I’ve never had one. Is blood in your snot a sign of a sinus infection?

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
nah, just a sign that you've been blowing your nose too hard and/or you are really dry up there. go for a steam, get a humidifier or something and you'll be fine. happens to me all the time.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, depending on where you're located the air may be very, very dry (I know it is here in NC). Grab a humidifier to run while you sleep and that should help a lot. We run ours every night during the winter.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
You guys are probably right. I've got an oldler gas fan-forced furnace and it puts out heat like a blow torch. I'm buying a room humidifer tomorrow.

Thx! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread