1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Solution, too many toys not enough Component inputs on TV.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael_Dal, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Michael_Dal

Michael_Dal Extra

So, I just bought an X-box and a HD reciever in addition to my progressive scan DVD player. Problem 1> There are only 2 component video inputs on my TW56X81. Problem 2> Audio Receiver only has 2 digital inputs. For now I stuck manually switching cables between x-box and HD tuner, to make things worse I am planning on adding a HTPC in the near future. Are there any elegent solutions to this problem other than buying an expensive audio tuner? Do any switcher type devices exsist that have digital audio as well as component? I really don't want to have to buy another tuner but if that is the only choice can someone recommend one that will accomodate my needs for

2. Tulli

Tulli Stunt Coordinator

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I am in the same boat with the X-Box. All I need is bandwidth for 480i/p and I can use it switch between DVD/X-Box and then leave the HD connected straight to the TV. I have component switching in my receiver but the X-Box won't be in my rack. I also need a switcher that automatically detects the active signal and selects accordingly. It will be located out of site and I don't want to have to interact with it in any way.

With those extra requirements anyone want to pony up a recommendation?