What's new

Need small speakers with big sound (1 Viewer)

Bill Mac

Auditioning
Just bought a new TV,got my HD hooked up. Now I'm ready to upgrade my receiver and speakers. I'm limited on room so I need a smaller size speaker system. I've heard the Klipsch Quintet and the Energy Encore. What else is out there in this catagory?

Brandon Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Depending on whether or not you will be listening to a lot of music with these speakers I would recommend M&K's. I really liked the way the K-5's handled movies, but felt that with music it was lacking in the mid range. If music is not too important, I would fully recommend anything M&K makes.

PatrickDT

Grip
I personally own the Klipsch Quintetes, and I've had two years to scrutinize them, and I still like then a whole lot. I have the KSW-12 subwoofer, and it's on a 50 WPC Harman Kardon AVR300. As far as value goes they can't be beat, and as far as satellites go, their way ahead of the curve on consumer grade. The speakers pick up at 100hz, so without the high cut on the sub set at a ridiculous level, you lose a little midrange, but it's not very noticable, they handle volume like a champ without distortion, and are versatile for music and movies alike. I really am impressed with them, but I say if the QUintets are your price range, you cannot do better for the money.

Cliff*L

Auditioning
Ascend Acoustics:

For smaller sats. get the HTM-200 (2 4" mid/woofs)

Or you can go alittle larger with the excellent CBM-170s.

You can also get a combination of these for HT, along with an Hsu sub for a set-up that is very hard to beat for the $.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
HSU has a new sub/sat system out called the "Ventriloquist" system....it's quite reasonable at around $699. Monitor Audio also has out a new sub/sat set-up, though I can't recall the name.....I believe it's "radius" or something like that. Not sure of the price, but Monitor Audio typically puts out a solid product.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Easy answer... ELT package from av123.com comes with a Denon receiver of you choice too!....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks