What's new

Need Service Menu code for 36" Toshiba (1 Viewer)

Gruson

Second Unit
Ok, my 36" Toshiba has always looked too purple. In order to correct it, I need the service menu code.

The model number is CZ36V51.

Thank you and what value should I adjust?

John-Miles

Screenwriter
just my opinion, but if you dont know what values to adjust, then maybe you should do more research before going in there and changing things

Gruson

Second Unit
Bad day today John?

Your opinion has been noted.

Now, if someone has the code, please post it.

Thank you.

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Do you have Avia or Video Essentials calibration dvd? It's probably your grayscale but without a calibration disc you won't be able to tell for certain if its a color decoder vs. grayscale issue. I don't know what the code is for your set but you can probably find it via a search. Also, you can go to the Toshiba site and find the sites that sell their service manuals. I've dealt with a few of them and have always gotten what I wanted. This will have all the information you'll need as to what values to change. John's comment may have been terse but it was correct. Since you didn't state how much experience you have dealing with tv's service menus, erring on the side of caution is always wise. Changing the wrong value or pressing the wrong remote button while in one's service mode can kill the tv.

good luck,

--tom

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
I'll help you out.

on the remote tap mute then push it again and hold, while holding push menu on the tv panel. An "s" should appear, then let go and push menu on the remote.

That's pretty standard for toshiba.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks