What's new

Need Sci-Fi movie identified -- please (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
As a kid who grew up watching Chiller and Shock Theater of the 1960s, one movie stuck out in my mind which I am seeking.

All I remember is a scene where a man is swallowed up by a clear gelatin blob and can see him dissolve inside it - maybe to a skeleton. I thought it was on a city street but may not have been?

One person though this may be "The Flame Barrier" from 1958.

Can anyone verify or tell me which movie I am thinking of?

Thanks!
Eric

John Swarce

Second Unit
Wasn't that "The Blob" with Steve McQueen? It's been awhile since I saw the original, so that particular scene might not be in this movie. Come to think of it, I think the blob was pinkish red in color, not clear....

John

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Could it be X-The Unknown from '56? More information here: X - The Unknown
Apparently the film features a nasty mud like substance that melts it's victims. Sounds interesting.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I know that the remake of "The Blob" from the 80s had a similar scene. I can't think of anything from the late 50s though.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Eric, you seem to have started this thread all over the place. All others, except this one, are closed.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Jack..

Had another query of the almost identical subject title but asking a different question. Also, this one was mistakenly placed under the TV section and asked for it to be moved but wasn't so started one where it I thought it should be. Sorry for the dupes but wanted exposure to get an answer.

Eric

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Seems to me that CALTIKI THE IMMORTAL MONSTER has a sequence like this at the end...

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
The "Blob" started out clear, but as it consumed its prey it turned a reddish/blackish blob.
I don't remember the skeletons though.

"Caltiki" seems another possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks