Need RUNCO help

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Keith_Hart, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Keith_Hart

Keith_Hart Extra

I posted this in another forum and was told to post this here. I have gotten a RUNCO CRT projector and I am trying to find out the model type. I have looked all 200 pounds of the projector from top to bottom and can't seem to find a model number. Does anyone know where I can find the model number for this beast? Also do CRT's support HDTV formats? I am new at this stuff and not really sure what I have.

Thanks,
    Keith

2. Michael FF

Michael FF Stunt Coordinator

Go to www.runco.com and e-mail them with your question.

Yes, they will project HDTV with the proper receiver.

If there are ever any projector problems, I hope you have better luck with Runco than I had!!!

3. Keith_Hart

Keith_Hart Extra

Mike,

Thanks for the info. I have e-mailed them with the serial numbers but have not heard back from them. Again being new to this did you have a lot of problems with yours? Also if I used say Digital Cable that had HDTV channels would I need to buy something else for the CRT to make that feature work?

Thanks,
    Keith

4. Michael FF

Michael FF Stunt Coordinator

I once had a Runco 101c DLP which developed some problems when the local dealer tried to replace the bulb and ended up having to send the unit back to Runco. It is a long and convoluted story. The 101c is no longer manufactured. I doubt very much you will have any problems with your CRT, which I am certain projects a great screen image.
    Regarding the need for a receiver box between the digital cable and your projector, I am guessing that you will need one. Either e-mail Runco with the question (a call to them would be quicker) or, perhaps, ask your local cable dealer.

5. Keith_Hart

Keith_Hart Extra

Thanks for the info..

Keith

6. Bob Maged

Bob Maged Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried asking your question at avsforum.com in the CRT projector area?

[Never mind -- I see you already posted there.]

7. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    HI

I suggest you call Runco directly and they will be able to assist you over the phone.

BTW, we can give great Runco assistance here also! (Im a Runco certified installer now :) )

Regards

Gregg