What's new

Need remote with built-in recording timer (1 Viewer)

Ben Garland

Auditioning
I'm looking for a remote that has a built-in programmable recording timer. There is one out there called the Link Removed that does this, but it (apparently) only works with VCRs (at least, I can't seem to find out if it is a learning remote or not).
Radio Shack has something similar (although digital), but it only works with the pre-programmed codes that are VCR-only.
I need something like this, a remote that you can program to send an IR signal at a specified time, but that is a learning remote.
I want to set it up to send the "record" signal to my MiniDisc deck, so I can record talk shows off of the radio at specified times. I'm sure one of those $300 remotes that look like a palm pilot could do this, but I can't afford that. What I need is something like the one Radio Shack offers ($30), but that is a learning remote.
Does such a thing exist? Or does anyone have an alternate solution on a way to set up my MiniDisc deck to record at a specified time?
Thanks,
Ben

Ben Garland

Auditioning
Thanks! I got the "Home Theater Plus" Link Removed which is basically the same thing, just a little bit cheaper ($50 delivered). This should do exactly what I need.
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread