Need remote... Will trade.

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Shawn Solar, May 4, 2003.

1. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

I am looking for a replacement remote for my marantz sr-7000. Mine got broke:b Problem is with my new car and other stuff going I can't afford a replacement. But I do have a few things I can trade. As much rg6 cable you need and that goes the same for inwall speaker wire cat 5e and just about any other type(work for a alarm/surveilance company). I also have about 60 DVD titles in my collection and am willing to trade a few.

I'd go for a rc1200 replacement remote that goes with the marantz or perhaps one that can be programmed for it. The learning remote type will not be of much use as I can not teach it from the original remote. And it really really sucks to have to get up and down to switch the volume and source... really[​IMG] Thanks[​IMG]

2. SteveADavis

SteveADavis Agent

You may want to look into the JBL TC1000, they can be had for about $50 on ebay and has a built in database. It won't have every feature the factory remote has, but most of the important ones. I just received mine and loved it. If you need more info, feel free to contact me.

3. Shawn Solar

How many remotes can it replace? and is back lit? And thanks for the heads up[​IMG]

4. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

the TC1000 has Capacity for 15 devices

Controls are organized by "activities," not by components

Controls for multiple devices can be put on a single "activity" screen and you can create up to 32 activities.

I had a bit of range issues with mine but I just replaced the two IR leds with two high output ones from Rat Shack. Now I can control everyting from 2 rooms away (line of sight is still there) the IRs were a whoppin 1.79 each and took me maybe 1/2 hour to remove the old ones and put in the new ones. PM me if you want more info

5. Shawn Solar

Chris, Steve,

I looked into the remote and it seems to be a decent remote. How is it to use? egronomic? Thanks again.

6. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

kinda bulky... Im still tweakin my macros and activities and trying to get used to a touch screen.

Only issue I had was the IR Emmitter LEDs but with them replaced I can almost hold it straight up and down and opperate my gear.

the scroll wheel is nice. I have mine set to operate volume and I have the +/- keys for channel changing.

The nice thing is you can have several screens for any given activity. It also learns very well and I have been able to figure out how share setups with others. There are a couple of sites with info and downloads. Check the remote central forums for info.

BTW my bro in law has one and is quite happy with it. For the price I think its a great touchscreen remote.

7. Shawn Solar

Cool. For now I'll try to see if i can something, but, if no one wants to trade I'll have to buy something. That jbl seems to fit the bill[​IMG]

8. SteveADavis

SteveADavis Agent

I love, I think the software is straight forward and very easy to use. A quick fix for the range and dim backlight are tadiran batteries. My backlight and range was horrible. I started looking around on different remote forums and read that putting 2 3.6v batteries and 2 standard AA helps. IT DOES! The range and backlight are now wonderful. I wouldn't suggest going through all the trouble to open it up and add IR's. You can get the batteries at rat shack for about $10 a piece. Or you can order them online for $3.67? at www.alliedelec.com They do have a minimum order fee and I have a couple extra laying around. If you're interested, just let me know and I go over some of the features with you.