What's new

Need recommendations on a good entry/mid level subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Huzefa

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a relatively cheap (~$100-150) entry/mid level subwoofer. I don't think I can use a 12" (it'd be too big), but 8" or 10" is good with anywhere between 100-150W of power. It should have an LFE input (that's the way my receiver would connect to it).

I was browsing at circuitcity last week, and actually bought the Polk 100" subwoofer (PSW250). It sounds okay, but I don't have anything to compare it to (this being my first subwoofer). I would keep it except for two things; instead of an LFE input, it has left and right coaxial inputs. But since my receiver only has ONE LFE output, I just plugged the cable from that LFE output into the right coaxial input. I don't think I'm doing the right thing there; so I'd like to get a subwoofer with a dedicated LFE input. Am I damaging the subwoofer/receiver in any way by connecting them like this? Am I somehow 'losing' the left signal? This is priced at $200 at Circuitcity, but can be had for less than $100 online.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks very much,

- Huzefa

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Actually it doesn't matter if you plug it into the right/or left.
You have it hooked up correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks