What's new

Need Recommendations for New 55" HDTV (1 Viewer)

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I'm officially "retiring" my 42" LG LCD HDTV tomorrow, and need some advice from those "in the know." The main reason for an upgrade is I very much want a larger screen and wish I had bought larger from the start (live and learn). I've had the LG for about 2 years and the screen keeps getting smaller and smaller in my mind.

I normally sit about 8 feet from the set and feel that 55" would be a good fit for the room and my pricing range which is about $1,500.

This is for a living room that gets a significant amount of ambient light, something the LG has handled pretty well, although the sensor has required an adjustment every time the sun goes down, since the screen tends to get too dark at night. I mainly watch HD video sources from both Blu-ray and cable, mainly movies from Blu-ray. The LCD picture has been very good and I've had no viewing angle problems or issues with contrast, so I am leaning towards an LED Samsung or Panasonic, since I am simply not too comfortable with the plasmas, admittedly for no good reason. This set will get significant use, so quality and longevity are important to me.

So, I'm soliciting any who may be kind enough to offer an opinion on screen size, manufacturer, LED vs. plasma, and anything else for the already-mentioned pricing level of $1,500. Thanks...............................................................

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruavain
Recent bookmarks