What's new

Need recommendations for in-wall surrounds (1 Viewer)

TroyH4

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Troy
When I get ready to buy my speakers for my future HT room, I'm planning on buying Bookshelf speakers for the front, and in-wall speakers for my surrounds. Not sure if I want to go 5.1 or 7.1 at this point.

I'm looking at the Paradigm line of in-wall speakers right now. The PV-150 or the PV-160 look very nice.

My room is only 12'x13' w/ 9feet ceilings.

How many of you have a setup similar to mine where you're using in-wall speakers for your surrounds? What brand/model did you go with ?

And do they sound compared to traditional wall mounted box speakers?

Thanks,

Troy

wpauge

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill Pauge
TroyH4 said:
When I get ready to buy my speakers for my future HT room, I'm planning on buying Bookshelf speakers for the front, and in-wall speakers for my surrounds. Not sure if I want to go 5.1 or 7.1 at this point.

I'm looking at the Paradigm line of in-wall speakers right now. The PV-150 or the PV-160 look very nice.

My room is only 12'x13' w/ 9feet ceilings.

How many of you have a setup similar to mine where you're using in-wall speakers for your surrounds? What brand/model did you go with ?

And do they sound compared to traditional wall mounted box speakers?

Thanks,

Troy
Try looking at the LRC and in-walls from HSU Research they are a great value for the money for great sounding speakers. They are very efficient at approx. 92db so you won't need tons of power for good sound. I luv mine. I have HB1-Mk2 for L&R, HC1-Mk2 for center and the in-walls for the rears. You can always add 1 of their subs for the bottom end. Awesome for the money. www.hsuresearch.com

Bill.

TroyH4

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Troy
Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have these on my radar too as candidates.

Do you think going with 3 of the HC-1 MK2's for the front would be a good idea?

wpauge

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill Pauge
TroyH4 said:
Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have these on my radar too as candidates.

Do you think going with 3 of the HC-1 MK2's for the front would be a good idea?
If you have the room for all three in the front stage, I think that is the way to go. You know I had purchased 4 HB1-Mk2's and a HC1-Mk2 and when I got them I decided to break them in a 2ch set up in my office, after they were broken in, I liked them so much I left them in the 2ch set up and ordered a pair of HIW-1's for the rear stage and am perfectly satisfied with the outcome.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks