What's new

Need recommendations for a new TV (32 -36 inches)... (1 Viewer)

Allan

Stunt Coordinator
Ok. My tv just died and we need to buy a new one. Unfortunately, the entertainment unit limits the size of the TV. We fcan easily fit a 32 inch one (as our old one was) and some 36" (the width of the space is 36 inches...) Anyway, I am looking for recomendations -- our old tv was a JVC and I wsa pretty happy with it until it died.

I would consider a HDTV if it is really better. What brands are the best and which should we stay away from?

I've been looking around and the only 36" HDTV tv that seems to fit the 36 inch width requiremnet is the Hitachi 36UDX10SA? anyone know about this model? reliable? Good picture?

thanks so much,
allan

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
HDTV is that much better (imo) and is also worth having for DVDs.

The leading 34”, 16:9 CRT displays are Sony, Panasonic, and Toshiba (or at least those were the three I liked the best when I compared a few months ago).

The very best (and you pay for this, of course) is Loewe.

Samsung makes a 30”, 16:9 with a good picture. Panasonic also makes this size, for a couple hundred more.

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
Hi Allan,
I would strongly recommend Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic tv's in your price range. All of them make great tv's in the 32"-36" range. If you can part with $1500 you can get Sony's new 32" Wega HDTV. It's got a 16:9 mode for dvd's and it looks great for videogames and tv as well. :)
Dan.b

Allan

Stunt Coordinator
Daniel,

are you referring to the Sony KV-32HV600? I am looking at that one. I was looking at a 36" Hitachi, but the hitachi only has one set of comp video inputs (maeks no sense to me...)

Have you seen this TV? Thoughts? I am going to go check it out when I get the time.

Thanks,
Allan

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I wasn't really referring to a particular tv Allan. I was just saying that Sony makes the best tvs in my opinion. So, I would put that brand at the top of the list. Basically, take your budget and apply it to the biggest and best Sony you can.

However, if your budget is a little tighter the Samsung might give you the best bang for your buck.

P.S. Only get an HDTV if you've got a progressive scan dvd player or you plan on getting on really soon.

Dan.b

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I'm sort of casually looking at the Sony KV-32HV600 and I'm wondering if it handles multiple inputs well, by which I mean does it let you select what input you see regardless of what's plugged in and sending signal, or does it always default to one thing or another if that is what is plugged in?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
P.S. Only get an HDTV if you've got a progressive scan dvd player or you plan on getting on really soon.
Hmmm... I don't think I'd agree w/ this. Given the quality of built-in linedoublers these days, it's not completely necessary to use a progressive scan player to take good advantage of an HDTV.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks