What's new

Need recommendation for 30-36" TV, less than $1,000, and... (1 Viewer)

Jason.Falk

Auditioning
...available at Best Buy. Why? Gift certificates. I'd like to use them to buy this thing, but if the very best TV for my needs isn't sold there, I'll bite the bullet and pay with cash-dollah-money.

I have very few requirements other than what you see in the thread title. I'd like something that is optimal for console game systems, and I couldn't care less about having HDTV television service. That said, I would also like a TV that includes technologies that cover me for the next few years.

The two that I've eyeballed so far are the:

1) Sony WEGA FD Trinitron 32" HD-Ready Flat-Tube TV with HDMI Input (Model: KV32HS420)

and the

2) Samsung 30" Widescreen Flat-Tube HDTV with HDMI and Component Video Inputs (Model: TXR3079WH)

Any thoughts about these two models, or other options that might be better for me, are very much appreciated. Thank you!

jf

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My general thoughts lean toward the Sony in general. If you would rather look at a 16:9 set, the 34hs420 is listed at Best Buy. It's $1100 at their site, but if you have hhgregg stores in your area, BB should Price Match the 32in at 799 or 34in at 999.

It's not listed on the website, but if the local stores have either the 36xs955 or 34xs955, it has a somewhat finer pitch Trinitron screen which should give a tad better resolution (also adds things like a tuner,etc) but would put you above the 1000 limit even with price matches.

Jason.Falk

Auditioning
Looks like the 34HS420 is going to be the way to go - everything else garnered some really awful reviews.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks