What's new

need recomendations on a budget system (1 Viewer)

david*mt

Second Unit
Right now I am using the cheap 6.1 Onkyo system that I bought at Circuitcity about 2 years ago with my Yamaha HTR-5560. The subwoofer is decent, but the speakers are very muddy sounding and lack clarity. I just need a decent 5 speakers setup for movies as I will keep my Onkyo sub for now. I am looking at the Klipsch quintet system or a JBL system consisting of a pair of E20's for mains, E10's for rears, and an EC25. Would either of these be any good? It would cost me about $350 for each of those systems. I would appreciate any opinions.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
For the money, the JBL Northridge Series E is hard to beat. I am considering a similar set-up with the E20s as mains, E10s as surrounds, EC35 as center and E250P as sub. I am also looking into the Paradigm Performance series consisting of Atoms for mains, CC-170 as center, PDR-10 as sub and ADP-170 for surrounds. The Paradigms would run a lot more though.

It would help if you describe the size of your room and what your max budget for speakers is?

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
david*mt - I think the E30's sounded much better than the E20's in a sidexside comparison. Also keep in mind that if you get the E20's you will want some space between the backs of the speakers and the wall or whatever surface they might be near because of the rear porting. The E30's are front ported. I believe the E30's can be had for $149 shipped right now from www.bhphotovideo.com. Mine go great with the E10's in the rear. I have the EC35 center.

brad cook

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks