What's new

need recomendations - movies about dreams (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

Hehehe, I myself am highly cultured, while being low brow at the same time....
It's quite a balance to strike.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Some people believe that a great deal of 'Once Upon A Time in America' is a dream.

Hitchcock's 'Spellbound' features a great dream sequence designed by Salvador Dali. Another Hitchcock movie with a good dream sequence is 'Vertigo'.

Kurosawa's Dreams has already been mentioned, but another Kurosawa movie that features a great dream sequence is 'Kagemusha'.

Neil Jordan's 'Company of Wolves' is another good example of a dream movie, as is Peter Weir's 'The Last Wave', an apocalyptic movie that dwells a great deal on the importance of dreams in Australian Aborigine culture.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Then there's 'Signs'. Not many people I've spoken with agree with me, but I've always been of the opinion that this movie is mostly a dream. Not only is there a surreal nightmarish feel to the whole thing, but at several points during the movie Mel Gibson's character is seen to wake up with a start. It's almost as if he's trying to rouse himself from an Arabian Nightmare ( a dream within a dream within a dream ). Not only does this theory explain away all the lapses in logic ( aliens unable to get a door open etc ), it also turns the movie into an internal battle between Gibson's character and his inner demons. The demons vanquished, he finally wakes up and finds the courage to return to the priesthood. That's how I see it anyway.

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
Requiem for a Dream

Although it's not really about dreams that people have while sleeping, it's more like dreams people have when on drugs, to put it shortly. Anyway, it's an awesome flick and definitely worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks