What's new

need receiver w/ following specs.... (1 Viewer)

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a receiver that is under $1000.

I want to be able to 'burn' all of my CDs and MP3s into it. Then, I want to be able to select what songs I want to hear via a remote with a visual display of song title, artist, or genre. (similar to a BOSE media center w/ optional BOSE remote)

Also need to have:

-multiple Svideo ins and outs
-optical audio in
-component video out
-Coaxial cable in
-able to run a seperate set of speakers outside
-work well with my Klipsch 5.1

Suggestions?

James Phung

Second Unit
I'm not aware of any audio/video receiver that has a hard drive for media storage.

Your best solution would be a separate audio/video receiver paired with a home theater pc or a network dvd player/media player.

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
The only one that i know that has that capability is the BOSE lifestyle 38 and 48 systems.

I am just not happy with the BOSE small cube (non jewel) speakers or the Acoustimass sub. I will do some research to see if I can use the BOSE media storage center with another amp, speakers, and sub.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There are plenty of media centers, or ways to get the data from your PC to your receiver, you don't need to go with Bose. Maybe something like a squeezebox?

http://www.slimdevices.com/

There are NO other receivers with a hard drive. Other than that, nearly every receiver over $500 on the market is likely to have the rest of your features.

Gavin_mi

Stunt Coordinator
that looks sweet John, have you ever installed one? what is the range on the wireless connection? think it could go about 100 ft?

sorry if it says it in the ad, but I didnt see it anywhere.

Gavin

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No, unfortunately, I haven't installed one yet. I just recently noticed them on the market in the last few months and I've only seen a few private user reviews (positive) so far. Was thinking about picking one up for myself though, just to try it out. :) I have one customer who recently asked me about doing this and I suggested we might look at installing one of these guys for him. I'll post up a review if I pick one up or this guy goes ahead with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks